Monday, January 31, 2011

Getting There...

Lots has happened since I last wrote. I interrupted my winter hibernation for a few hours (for the UM Men's Glee Club concert in Rockford - great show!). I have taken many more afternoon naps than I am accustomed to (I typically frown upon naps, but you know, Dr.'s orders, twist my arm...). We have watched many movies (including Wall Street 2, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, Eat Pray Love (ugh), Harry Potter 1,2, and 3, and the entire miniseries of Pillars of the Earth, which I highly recommend.).  So I guess I've been kind of busy...But the best news is that I am feeling much better compared to last week.

I have started cathing myself through my belly button, which, as you might imagine, is a weird experience, but I've caught on quickly and am pretty adept already. I'm not digging the 3:30am wake-up call to pee, but as my bladder expands, which it will, hopefully that will no longer be necessary.

My discomfort level has gone way down though, thank God, as my guts get resituated and everyone gets their personal space worked out. Everytime I ate or drank, I would break out in my sweat-chill-sweat pattern, which I assume was my stomach pressing on my bladder or vice versa. Either way, that hasn't stopped completely, but is greatly reduced, and I'm no longer sweating through 3 shirts per day.

Videos of the week:

Fascinating.


I feel like this is a movie about my life.

3 comments:

  1. how can you watch harry potter 1, 2, and 3... and then just stop there?
    i have always admired your self control.

    also, yo mama's so fat, she tried to eat cornelius fudge.
    still my favorite.

    (PS love you mrs. young)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed on Eat pray love,,, awful... but the Harry potter series, we are on the fifth...good one... and the Pillars of the Earth...awesome... we totally enjoyed that! now on the the Girl who played with fire.... loved the Girl with the dragon tatoo....

    Saw the Kings Speech.... another good one, no fighting...just real life stuff.
    Cam..... continue on you upward treck..... you are rockin now...love gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear you're back on an upward trend. Stay strong my friend.

    Calvin

    ReplyDelete