Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Florida Recap Part 3: Wizarding World of Harry Potter

This was a definite highlight of our trip - in the weeks leading up to it, we watched all 7 movies (well, some of us dozed off) to get acclimated as to the ins and outs of Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade and everything else to do with this magical fantasy world. Our expectations were high, and I would say they were met: the park is small and I wished they would have tried to recreate more aspects of the books, but what is there is great and very realistic (it even drizzled as we were entering the park - almost thought I was in London for a second.)






A view from the ride, The Forbidden Journey. The best part is at the 39 second mark.

2 comments:

  1. We have enjoyed the Florida photos/videos. Glad you returned home safely. Nat is headed to Lakeland, FL next week. She is studying for mid terms this week. She passed her dosage test. If you missed 1 out of 10 questions you would fail your junior nursing class & would have to add another year prior to graduation to retake the class. Stay healthy. Wishing you continued success with therapy. Nat is finished with clinicals until April. It won't be long before MacKenzie & Nat are seniors. It has went so fast. I wish my mom was alive to enjoy Nat's accomplishments. I still hear her say what a great nurse Nat will be someday. Larry D. told me 2 weeks ago how much he misses Grandma Mar. My reply was we all miss her so much as she touched so many lives with her kindness and always being there to help whomever & whatever was needed. We are so ready for Spring. I don't want to see ice or snow for another year. So much ice this year.

    ReplyDelete