Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ugh, surgery tomorrow.

Don't worry, it's nothing serious, although not as flippant as 2008's calf implant debacle. (For the record, my calves are all natural.) I'm getting the site at the base of my throat where my trach was worked on a little bit. Mostly for functional reasons, it still leaks air occasionally and has the potential to leak water in the shower or lake (not that I want to go in the lake anyway), making the possibility of infection a real and ever present threat. There might be a cosmetic reasoning behind it too, it looks like something you'd find on a zombie or Spartan, not yours truly, and it prevents me from rocking my favorite v-neck shirts. Which is unacceptable. So wish me luck, and pray for a swift recovery. I have to spend the night (lame!) so hopefully during my 24+ hours there, I'll find some way to amuse myself. Here's a photo of the horror -


Kind of a blurry picture - luckily, I guess, or you'd be scrambling to get away from your screen, and blocking the view of your loved ones and small children. It's basically an indentation like I got shot by a quarter and my throat was made of silly putty. Or something like that.

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck Cam, we'll be thinking of you. Make sure they spoil you more than usual!!! Can't wait to see pictures of you in your vnecks! Love ya, Aunt Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can amuse yourself by admiring you calves (and then read the book of Exodus, where God has something to say about worshipping those.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Cam, I'll be praying for no complications and quick recovery. I am enjoying your new blog and your amusing entries. Keep up with great attitude. Greeting to your Mom and Dad.

    Sincerely,

    Sanka Divic

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont know if its supposed to be, but thats a hilarious posting. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cam
    Glad you are doing ok. I couldn't recall if you were a Dallas fan so I declined on picking out a Dallas shirt for you while I was in Texas. I decided to look for a MI shirt as we can't go wrong with this choice. Also declined on the many red/gray shirts @ the Columbus airport. My 2 friends & I had alot of fun this past weekend. One of the retired ladies is coming to Ohio next April to visit. She named me the mouth from the south which was a compliment. Another said I was unique. Even my Ohio friends picked on me each day. I never have laughed so much in my life. We went to the local bar for a short while each day. Oh my that was a 1st experience for me hanging out at the bar. Loved the bartender Demi - had to take a group photo this morning prior to our departure. He was a little hard to understand but so nice. I told him 11 months until my return as we are going back next Sept. It was freezing the past 3 days. The Dallas ladies loved their Vodka. What a life to have cocktail hour each day. I'll think of them tomorrow as I will be back @ work. Take care of yourself & listen to your favorite nurse - your special mother. Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete