Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Therapy Update



I took a small vacation to do some soul searching, I just needed some time off, but now I'm back, ready to update you guys. Well, that's not totally truthful. I ended up punching a hole in my computer screen after the debacle of a football game Saturday, and I've only now gotten it fixed. Okay, that's not true either. I was just busy and lazy, OK? Geez, get off me.
The move I'm doing above is one of my trademarks, the 'Crouching Tiger, Seated Cameron'. It's taken me months to master, but now I'm performing it at ease. We've been working a lot lately on my core strength and balance, and it's really starting to pay off. My posture is much improved and my back strength, particularly my lower back, where I don't have full sensation but increasing muscle control, has been a revelation. It's helping me in multiple aspects of my therapy, particularly in walking, of which I'll hopefully get video soon, and truly is the key to my success. Like Confucious, with his sage wisdom ('Baseball wrong. Man with four ball, cannot walk.' - Confucious), I'll try to provide you a maxim to live by: 'Man who not do daily situps get flabby man gut'. You hear that Mackenzie?

3 comments:

  1. Cam
    Great photo. Just returned from the HARDI trip. Your mom & dad looked great. Your dad was the only one who received multiple hugs @ our booth today. I told him he was special. You are so lucky to have such wonderful parents. I talked to your mom 3 different times this week. It was a year ago that I met your mom & Grandpa Young. We missed Grandpa Young this year. I told your dad today that she is such a sweetheart. Sure glad to be back home so I can get back to work. Nat sent a text to me this morning telling me to stay in Florida it is snowing. Sorry about her luck but I didn't follow her instructions. We are to have snow flurries again tomorrow. How depressing. Hopefully your team will play good this weekend. 11/21 is coming quickly.
    Continue to work hard with your therapy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cam, you are too funny!! Are you surviving without your Mommie this week? Wish I was closer, I'd come over and bug ya. Keep working hard. Happy Bday to Dougie!!! Love, the Rudin's

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is jenna yost btw. where's this alleged video of you doing some walking? sounds miraculous. the couching tiger sitting cameron cracked me up. you're quite the writer!

    ReplyDelete