Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Tribute to Newtown



For a show that typically goes for the pyrotechnic, over-the-top spectacle, this was a beautiful, understated tribute.





Jack,
You are my best friend.
We had fun together.
I will miss you.
I will talk to you in my prayers.
I love you Jack.
Love,
John
 

This is heartbreaking and sweet and I'm not sure which it's more of. John will be returning to school in Newtown, CT this week, while his best friend Jack tragically, mind-numbingly, so, so sadly will not. May God be with the surviving children as they adjust to a world absent their best friends, classmates, teammates, crushes, sometimes all of the above.

1 comment:

  1. Cam & family
    Holiday Greetings to the special Young family. Enjoy your holiday weekend. I will look forward to reading the holiday letter.
    Nat arrives home on Wed. 12/26 for 1 week. Glad she still calls Ohio home. She told her dad she gets bored on her days off. She has been working some overtime. So nice they are letting her a few days together before the holiday & some after the holiday to allow her to be home for 1 week. She loves her job & supervisor.
    Sure is windy here. Glad I have tomorrow off as a vacation day. Suppose to go have some medical wellness check testing done but if it is bad I am going to reschedule. Not worth it if I don't have to to out. I need to stay home to get gifts wrapped. Ashley Dog was always beside me while I wrapped gifts & would occasionally think she needed to assist. This will be different as both dogs loved to wrap & unwrap gifts. Kind of sad!! We are debating on whether to get a 2 year old corgi that is for sale. I just want to go look at the dog this weekend but Larry D. says no. The reason is he knows he will bring her home. I need to ask to borrow her for the holiday weekend for a test.
    There is a huge void without a dog in our house. Looking forward to seeing a holiday Bo video.

    ReplyDelete