Saturday, June 2, 2012

Walking in May



I took this video a week or so ago. My stamina and endurance continue to improve, and we've started using electrical stimulation on my quadriceps and calves, to assist in the walking process. I have 1 pad on each muscle, 2 per leg, and the trainer standing behind providing hip support pushes the e-stim trigger in coordination with the other trainers pulling that leg forward. The e-stim helps the muscle contract and makes it easier to pull my leg forward and then hold it steady in stance position while the other leg does its business. Mere mortals (with sensation) can barely handle a reading of 7 or 8 on the e-stim device, but usually I can handle a reading of 60. Makes my leg hair stand on end!

More video to come later.

1 comment:

  1. Cam
    This video brought tears to my eyes watching you walk. Wishing you continued improvement. Thanks so much for sharing your success. Nat is getting ready to pack for Florida. Her garage sale was a success. Larry D. took my dads 67 Camaro to a car show Friday evening & came home with 3 trophies. Best car- best interior & crowd favorite. There is another car show this weekend that he may attend.

    ReplyDelete