Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Return to Normalcy

After a layoff of over 7 weeks, on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week I returned to the gym to resume my exercise training. Whew...it felt good to be back. I can't lie, a part of me enjoyed sleeping in and reading and watching television to my hearts desire - but it got old, really quick. Especially because the time I was sitting around doing nothing, I was feeling pretty crappy. The spontaneous sweats are nearly gone, as is the fatigue and the moodiness. Hold on - nope, moodiness still around. It's winter, whattya want from me?!

Here's a contest: Closest person to guessing the total cost of my surgical operation (including room and board @ $1300/night - didn't know I was staying at the Ritz), without going over wins a seriously awesome prize. Ok, I'll just tell: over $57,000! When I heard that, I was flabbergasted. 3 cheers for health insurance! (It seriously makes me feel for people without insurance though; how can anyone afford to have a big operation, if you're not one of the lucky ones with insurance? I feel very fortunate to be able to have had this done, as much as the aftermath has righteously sucked; it's very eye-opening to think that 1/6 of the country is without insurance, and with an operation like this costing 1.5 times the average annual salary of this country's workers...Geez. Bladder surgery shouldn't make you have to sell your house.)

On a happier note - Florida in 3 days! On Sunday we disembark for 7 days of fun in the sun. The current itinerary calls for one day at the new Harry Potter park at Universal (good thing we watched all 7 movies in the past month and a half) and a day at Disney's Animal Kingdom, with a few afternoons poolside thrown in as well. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Cam &family
    Have a great time in Florida next week. Nat will be headed to Florida the last week of March to see her friend during spring break. Her mom & dad will stay home to work. She is ready for a break from college. She continues to love her OB clinicals each Saturday assisting with the nursery/deliveries.

    Glad you are feeling better. It will be awesome for all of you to see sunshine & enjoy the warm weather. Be safe!!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so jealous. i really want to go to the magical world of harry potter.

    ReplyDelete